1. IS VAGINAL DRYNESS COMMON AMONGST WOMEN?
2. AT WHAT AGE DO WOMEN GET VAGINAL DRYNESS?
There is no specific age at which women develop Vaginal Dryness. Around 17% to 20% of women have this problem from the young age of 18. As they get older this percentage increases to 34% and amongst post-menopausal women it increases to nearly 54%.
3. IS VAGINAL DRYNESS MY FAULT?
Vaginal Dryness is pretty common among women and there are many reasons for it. YOU are definitely not one of them.
4. CAUSES FOR VAGINAL DRYNESS
The most common cause for Vaginal Dryness is a decrease in Estrogen Levels. Estrogen is a hormone that helps keep vaginal tissue healthy by maintaining normal vaginal lubrication, tissue elasticity and acidity. Other causes are
- Menopause or perimenopause
- Surgical removal of the Ovaries
- Chemotherapy and radiation in the pelvic area
- Anti-estrogen medication
- Cancer therapy
- Depression & Stress
- Certain soaps, lotions, perfumes and douches can disrupt the natural balance of chemicals in your vagina, leading to dryness
- In rare cases, some allergy, cold and asthma medicines that contain antihistamines can have a drying effect
- Certain anti-depressants
- Sjogren’s Syndrome: This is an autoimmune disease that can cause dryness in the mouth, eyes and vagina
5. SYMPTOMS OF VAGINAL DRYNESS
- Pain or discomfort during penetrative sexual intercourse
- Uncomfortable feeling through the day
- Light bleeding after intercourse
- Soreness, itching or burning of the vagina
- Changes in the appearance of the Vulva
- Changes in vaginal discharge – becoming more watery, discoloured and slightly smelly
6. IS USING A LUBRICANT SAFE?
Using a lubricant is one of the safest ways to over come Vaginal Dryness. Lubricants come in various flavours and is the most common solution to the problem.
There are 3 different kinds of lubricants
WATER BASED LUBRICANTS: These are the most common and one of the safest to use. They are edible, easy to use and not messy.
OIL BASED LUBRICANTS: They are usually edible and are safe to use but are messy. Synthetic oil based lubricants, such as mineral oil and petroleum jelly, can work well but may also irritate the vulva.
SILICON BASED LUBRICANTS: These are a good option for people with a severe problem. However, they are not safe to use with silicone sex toys and can be extremely greasy and messy.
7. WHAT IS VAGINAL DRYNESS?
8. CAN MEN USE LUBRICANTS?
9. CAN A LUBRICANT SPICE UP YOUR SEX LIFE?
- Great for sensual massages: Many lubricants are marketed as “massage oils” – this means it not only gets things wet and ready down below, it is perfect for a little sensual massaging. Gliding your hand over your partners body can be sensual, teasing foreplay.
- Oral sensation: While practising oral sex you definitely want to try a flavoured lubricant. It’s a great way to spice up your oral sex life. We have them available in 2 delicious flavours Rd Wine and Cotton Candy.
- Vaginal Dryness: This is the number 1 reason for using a lubricant. If your partner experiences pain while having sex you definitely need to use a lube. Also If you’re both doing everything right via foreplay and there’s still no wetness afoot, don’t feel bad–just add lube! Not only will lubrication solve your issues with dryness, it will also enhance your sexual experience.
- Perfect for quickies: Don’t have time for prolonged foreplay? A lube on these days will be your best friend. Using lubrication will allow you to get on with it without experiencing discomfort along the way.
- Essential for sex toys: If you’re a fan of sex toys or like some backdoor action, then you need to have a lube handy at all times. This slick helper is pretty much essential for using any sex toy, including vibrators and dildos.
10. ANAL SEX & LUBRICANTS
11. LUBRICANTS & TOYS
If you’re a fan of sex toys or like some backdoor action, then you need to have a lube handy at all times. This slick helper is pretty much essential for using any sex toy, including vibrators and dildos.
Intimacy is the essence of human interaction and the foundation of our very existence. This core human need isn’t just about sex, though. It’s much broader than that. Yet unfortunately, it is mostly talked about in hushed tones. This unwillingness to address intimate issues results in enduring problems that could be easily avoided with healthy and frank conversations.
At Amio, our aim is to democratise intimate wellness and make it accessible for everyone. We aim to break the cultural taboos by normalising the use of intimate wellness products as a part of daily self-care. We curate pure and natural products for your most intimate needs so that you can access your inner self and discover the best version of you. So, immerse into the world of intimate wellness with Amio and feel better, live better, love better and look better!
Let's celebrate desires together. Welcome to the #Amiotribe!
Coined by many enjoyed by few, intimacy is an emotion desired the most. Talked in hushed tones physical interaction is not just amalgamation of two bodies but also souls.
Intimacy is at the core of every relationship. It is one of the foundations that relationships are built on. Intimacy is not just about sex, it is much broader than that. However, sex is an important part of intimacy, but unfortunately is one thing never spoken about or talked about in hushed tones. This awkwardness and unwillingness to address normal sexual issues often results in relationships falling apart or people enduring intimate problems that could easily be avoided.
At Amio, we believe you have the right to sexual pleasure. We aim to break the cultural taboos by normalising the use of intimate wellness products as a part of daily self-care and make it accessible to everyone.
Our products are formulated with pure, natural ingredients so you can without any worries address and enjoy all your intimate needs. Because at the end of the day sex is about the quality of your entire love life.
So, immerse into the world of intimate wellness with Amio and feel better, live better, love better and look better!